Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday 1.5.11

Today's question from Jamie is

What do you wish to say yes to?

I wish to say yes to myself.  To my needs and desires and dreams.

I spent several years in survival mode.  There were car accidents, and sick parents and siblings, funerals, a friend becoming paralyzed, a friend getting divorced, working way too much to try to survive financially, so much crisis.  When things settled down, it took me quite a while to realize "it's okay now" -- to even think about the possibility of trying to remember what normal felt like.

Much of 2010 was about processing the "it's okay now" of it all.  About imagining a path back to liking my life.  About trying to remember the last time things were going smoothly and how on earth I had made that happen.

For a long time, I felt completely crazy for believing that those times of crisis had literally changed my brain, but since I've learned a couple of things about neural pathways, I'm thinking that I was absolutely right.  Research on the possibility of undoing the damage is in progress.

I need to take this year and focus on healing and getting my life back.  That's what I need, and I'm saying yes to it.




11 comments:

  1. Enjoy saying yes to you...As you wish for yourself i wish for you also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story resonates with me, Taryn (or should I say Pink?). I'm so glad you're saying yes to taking time for healing. May your year be filled with warmth, love, discovery, healing and adventure...

    As Taryn (Pink) wishes for herself, so do I lovingly and with intention with for her also.

    Pamela Sweet
    blogging at http://blog.sweetsoliloquies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I wish to say yes to myself. To my needs and desires and dreams."

    Wonderful! Strong and powerful--as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish this for yourself, so do I wish it for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's to saying YES to YOU. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, this is wonderful, you deserve it. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all that you wish for yourself, including healing, love, and an abundance of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Pink! You can do it. I believe that you can heal and just as those neural pathways were conditioned for "fight or flight", they can be conditioned to relax into the sweet new life that you create. As you wish for youself, I wholeheartedly with for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Pink wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes Pink! I am so with you on this as 2010 had me in a very similar processing space as you. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well. And I add a wish for healing with grace and ease for you this year.

    ReplyDelete