Sunday, August 29, 2010

Nearly September? Really?

Wow how this year has flown!  I'm gearing up for a busy autumn.  Now that we are home from our super spectacular vacation to the fabulous city of Olympia, Washington, it is time to return to full-time status at Day Job.  And of course there is Halloween decorating to do!  I start as soon as the calendar strikes September!

It's my favorite holiday!

And then of course Thanksgiving and Christmas are right on Jack Skellington's heels.  Christmas means shopping.  Lots of shopping.  I always think it would be fun to make gifts and cards.  But autumn is the busiest time of year at Day Job, and I've never been organized enough to make it happen.  This year, I think I'm going to try to at least buy handmade for most people.

I'm getting two major projects going at Day Job.  They always seem Scary Monumental in the planning stages.  I always wonder how on earth I'll get everything done by deadline.  I try to take comfort in the fact that it always happens somehow-- even though it's never as perfect as I would like.  That never really helps though.  The Committee of Monsters is always there, whispering in my ear that this project is it.  This is my Waterloo, the one that will expose me for the Big Fat Fraud that I am.  Everyone will discover that I've been Beyond Incompetent this whole time, and they will point and laugh and throw things at me.  And DOOM!  DOOM!  DOOM!

It's their job.  They are very good at it.  I'm learning a lot about monsters from Havi and Selma at Fluent Self.

I notice that I'm totally rambling now, so I'll stop.

Have a sparkly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment