Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wishes and Dreams

First, Wishcasting Wednesday.

This week's question from Jamie Ridler Studios -- What do you wish to pay attention to?

Prompted in part by one of Andrea Schroeder's recent posts on ABCcreativity in which she asked the Creative Dreamers to think about creating space for our dreams and in part by a feng shui book I just bought, my husband and I have embarked on a journey toward living clutter free. We've started in the storage room just off our carport.  We're spending an hour a day right after we get home from work sorting through the things we've stored there, deciding what to keep, what to donate, what can be recycled, and what really has to be tossed.

This brings me to my answer to the Wishcasting Wednesday question -- I wish to pay close attention to my energetic response to items.  If looking at an object makes my energy sink, it needs to go!  Even if I think I should keep it because it was a gift, or it belonged to Whoever, or it was expensive, or whatever other reason, IT NEEDS TO GO.  If it brings a smile to my face and a light feeling to my heart, I'll consider keeping it.  Many things I've given one last fond hug and put into the donation box.  I asked Drew to photograph a disintegrating paper mache puppet I made as a small child.  As soon as I pulled it out of the box, I started laughing.  As a tiny girl, I made a Dracula puppet.  No doubt my poor mother was horrified.  I regard this puppet as excellent evidence that Gothish tendencies are coded into my DNA.

So, that's my wish this week (and through this entire project really) -- I wish to pay more attention to my physical response to items than to the chatter about it happening in my head.

And now for a bit of a Dream update.

"Create a home that supports my soul" is in progress.  Decluttering is the first step.

20th anniversary trip -- TAKEN!  It was wonderful.  And in the process, I also checked off "go back to Eureka" and "take more gargoyle pictures"  -- 3 in one!

I've gotten started on the goal of making some of my own beauty/skin care products by making a bottle of fingernail oil.  Now if I could just get into the habit of using it a few times a day...

"Kick Mountain Dew" -- DONE!  Plus this one was in support of the goal to work on the lifestyle changes needed to give my thyroid a boost.

Pretty reusable shopping bags -- found! Now I just need to get consistent about remembering to take them into the store with me.

Not a bad start, eh?

9 comments:

  1. As Pink wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Pink wishes for herself, so I wish for her also, A physical response would be an interesting way to make note of things. I may have to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Pink wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    This is something that I too have been working on. I just got rid of 65 items yesterday and hope to continue to declutter and live a more minimalist lifestyle. I also am trying to be more conscious of the energy. I didn't realize until recently how draining and negtaive some pieces in my home were/are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all!

    onasilentsea, 65 items is fantastic! Doesn't it feel good to be free of them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start doing the same thing... de-cluttering! I like how you are going about it.
    As Pink wishes for herself, so I was for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love all of this!
    i did go through that process of getting rid of things that did not make my soul sing. when i got back from my trip i felt like i needed to do that again... i guess this is something that needs to be re-done to keep it up :)
    i love your idea of putting aside an hour a day - i tend to put aside a whole day and then it becomes overwhelming. i can sure handle an hour though!
    it's a joy and an inspiration to see you moving forward with all of the dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, I think you are absolutely right about the process needing to be repeated periodically. Some of the things that I've released did make my heart smile once upon a time. But I'm not that person anymore. I keep hearing Mark (the designer from Clean House) asking, "Does this represent your style TODAY?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're making great progress Pink!! I know my biggest problem with decluttering is the sentimental attachment I have to things! You've given me some ideas and a different approach!

    Happy Anniversary!! Would love to see those gargoyle pics some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful you have the courage to declutter and feel the energy of items !

    Scylliane, a creative dreamer too

    http://eveil-creatif.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete