Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pics from Zen Thursday

I said I would take my camera to Day Job to get some pics of my newly happy desk.  And here they are.


This is the top of the filing cabinet to the left of the desk.  Under the fabric, that's the ugliest lamp in the history of the universe, but with the "modifications" I get tons of compliments on it.


Here is the desk itself.  It looks like I have no space left to work, but the desk is pretty deep, and my arms are short.  If I weren't using the space as living quarters for my assistants, I'd just have boring stuff like the stapler there.  That stuff can (and does) go in a drawer. 


A better view of Edgar's side of the desk.  The cup is turned funny, but it has The Scream on it, with the addition of a bright yellow thought bubble that says, "It's only a job, it's only a job, it's only a job."  A great reminder on those days when I'm losing my mind!

Edgar close up


Here is a shot of the velcro that attaches the detachable raven.  Pardon my Friday nailpolish.


Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!"


And this is LOML (love of my life) Drew.  I made the frame using instructions in Paint It Black by Voltaire.  I also made the big pink flower pushpins on the bulletin board.

 If I can figure out how to do static pages, I'll add a page that introduces my assistants.

So there is my workspace.  I'd love to see/hear how you cheer up your space.

1 comment: