It combines nicely with an idea that Jill Badonsky posted on her Kaizen-Muse page -- that our goals should sound FUN.
My discovery from this? Sometimes it's all about the wording! I need, need, need, to clean and declutter my home. Does that sound fun? No, clearly not. Yet it is my goal, and it is something I want to do. True, there is also an element of SHOULD and an element of social expectation and my mother's voice in my head saying, "This place is filthy!" (For perspective -- my mother is a bit obsessive. No matter how clean a room is, in her eyes, if she hasn't personally cleaned it, it's filthy.)
But I want to do it because I want space to pursue new dreams. Right now, our home has no space for new dreams. It is too packed with "stuff" for the energy to flow. We have been slowly, gradually chipping away at the problem, but we have miles to go before we sleep in a clutter-free home.
Sooooo.....I present to you my Weekly Intention -- to create a vacuum so my dreams can whoosh in!
I dream of
- art space
- an organized office area for writing
- a kitchen I can easily make healthy meals in
- a living room where it is easy to exercise
- a relaxing bedroom where it is easy to get a good night's sleep
- a master bath that is a temple to Radical Self-Care (see http://www.owningpink.com if you need the scoop!)
- a home that supports my soul
This week, it is my intention to work toward that vision.