Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekly Intention 8.2.10

Squee!  I just saw on FaceBook that Andrea has added a new weekly feature to ABCcreativity -- a weekly intention.  Read about it here -- http://networkedblogs.com/6ruxT

It combines nicely with an idea that Jill Badonsky posted on her Kaizen-Muse page -- that our goals should sound FUN.

My discovery from this?  Sometimes it's all about the wording!  I need, need, need, to clean and declutter my home.  Does that sound fun?  No, clearly not.  Yet it is my goal, and it is something I want to do.  True, there is also an element of SHOULD and an element of social expectation and my mother's voice in my head saying, "This place is filthy!"  (For perspective -- my mother is a bit obsessive.  No matter how clean a room is, in her eyes, if she hasn't personally cleaned it, it's filthy.)

But I want to do it because I want space to pursue new dreams.  Right now, our home has no space for new dreams.  It is too packed with "stuff" for the energy to flow.  We have been slowly, gradually chipping away at the problem, but we have miles to go before we sleep in a clutter-free home.

Sooooo.....I present to you my Weekly Intention -- to create a vacuum so my dreams can whoosh in!

I dream of

  • art space
  • an organized office area for writing
  • a kitchen I can easily make healthy meals in
  • a living room where it is easy to exercise
  • a relaxing bedroom where it is easy to get a good night's sleep
  • a master bath that is a temple to Radical Self-Care  (see http://www.owningpink.com if you need the scoop!)
  • a home that supports my soul
This week, it is my intention to work toward that vision.

6 comments:

  1. Light ahead to your awesome dreams and powerful intentions!
    --Jo Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this intention very original I never would have thought of a vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum DELICIOUS.
    i love the way you turned it from a goal or a "should" into a "want" and a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Yolanda, the vacuum concept came from my reading on space clearing. The idea there is that once you clear out all the yucky stuck energy there is a vacuum that you need to fill with intention or who knows what kind of energy will wander in to fill the space.

    My life runs much more smoothly when I'm paying attention to the energy of my space. If you have a bit of a tolerance for "woo" Karen Kingston and Denise Linn are good sources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to the clutter (and obsessive cleaning mom)!! I've made some progress but still feel overwhelmed at how much more I have to do. I know the clutter has an impact on my energy and clarity so I really want to make these changes. You inspire me to keep working through it! I really like your intent to make it fun by visualizing the end goals. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can do it, Jenn! Have you checked out Zen Thursday at GoddessGuidebook.com? To say you're going to "zen" something sounds like so much more fun than saying you're going to clean and declutter that same thing. I zenned my desk at Day Job today, and it's soooooo cheery now! I want to do the same for my desk at home.

    ReplyDelete